Do you want a Bully dog? Are you looking for Bully dog to be a pet or a breeding sire? Do you have any preference for a particular kind of breed? If so then we have 5 types of Bullies to show you. A Bully Dog is an excellent choice if you want one as a pet or as a breeding stud. The dog’s friendly and sweet nature is a direct contrast to its harsh and aggressive looks is what endears it to a dog lover. There are 5 different styles of Bullies recognized and registered by the American Bully Kennel Club or ABKC. Each type has its physical traits, but the overall the personality of the dog is friendly and protective regardless of style.
Here is the list of the five different kinds of Bullies:
- General Impression: The Classic Bully is an amendment to the Standard Bully. Its build and narrow body structure are what defines the dog. It has body frames that are light with less overall body mass regardless of what its gender is. It still possesses the usual Bully traits despite having a traditional Pit Bull look.
- Size: Males have a measurement of 17” – 20” at that withers. Females have a measurement of 16” – 19” at the withers.
- Lifespan: Classic Bullies have a lifespan of 10 to 12 years.
- General Impression: Like other Bullies, it is determined by its body structure and builds. Regardless of what its sex is, it possesses more body mass along with body frame that tends to be heavier. The dog’s defining characteristics are having a wider look and more winkling.
- Size: This class has no appropriate height as well as weight.
- Lifespan: Extreme Bullies have a lifespan of 10 to 12 years.
- General Impression: Another amendment of the basic Standard Bully. Its height as an adult is what determines the Pocket Bully’s physical traits. The dog has the same breed type, build and body type of the Standard Bully. However, it is a bit shorter when it comes to height.
- Size: Males are measured under 17” at the withers while females are less that 14” at the withers.
- Lifespan: Pocket Bullies have a lifespan of 10 to 12 years.
- General Impression: This dog is compact and medium or large. It has a blocky head and body that is muscular. The Bully gives an impression of high strength proportional to it size. It also has the build and looks that look bulky coupled with a substantial bone structure.
- Size: The males have a measurement of 17” – 20” at the withers while the females have a measure of 16” – 19” at the withers.
- Lifespan: It has a lifespan of 10 to 12 years provided that its health is good.
- General Impression: Expect the same breed type, body type and build in this dog. This dog is another amendment of the Standard American Bully. The difference between XL Bully and the Standard Bully is that the XL Bully is taller and is more muscular, more massive and bulkier.
- Size: It’s over 20” – 23” at the withers for males while females are over 19” – 22” at the withers. These sizes are the biggest measurements found in any Bully dog.
- Lifespan: Average life expectancy is at 10 to 12 years. It can live longer if it is taken care of properly.
How much do American Bully puppies cost?
I recommend getting an American Bully puppy instead of a full-grown American Bully. Older dogs are difficult to train and have certain personal behaviors ingrained in their personality. Yes, re-training is possible for older dogs, but, unfortunately, the re-training can be difficult and time-consuming. Bully puppies, on the other hand, are easier to train and discipline.
Before buying a Bully puppy, try to inquire first is the puppy is a Standard, Classic, XL, Pocket or Extreme type of Bully. Just bear in mind that some kennels may not have a particular class of Bully. Be sure also to check if the Bully puppy is healthy.
Breeding kennels like Gottiline, Razor’s Edge, Daxline, etc. breed and sell American Bully puppies. The selling of pups happens when they are at seven weeks or 10 weeks old. The price of the American Bully puppy depends on what bloodline it belong to. Gottiline, Razor’s Edge and Daxline puppies have a maximum price tag of $5,000 to $2,500 USD while the minimum is $1,500 USD. This expensive price is due to the puppy’s bloodline (Gottiline, Razor’s Edge and Daxline are well-known and popular established bloodlines) and purity of it breed.
Lesser bloodlines and non-pure breed are easier on the wallet. The maximum selling price is $800 to $600 USD, and the minimum is $500 USD.
Just be careful of some puppies being sold as “pure-bred” when in fact they are the opposite. It is not a good move to spend a considerable amount of money for a puppy that clearly is not worth the massive price tag.
Now you know the five types of Bullies you can choose. Regardless of what dog you get as a pet be sure to take good care of the dog and love it as a member of your family.
Originally posted 2018-05-31 12:38:44.