Let’s face it, we’re all busy and very picky with the content we consume (and that’s why I appreciate your attention).
Here’s how telling a story can cut through the noise and prioritize what you want your audience to care about.
Everyone Wants Multimedia
- Press releases that contain multimedia get 77% more responses compared to text-only releases.
- Blog posts with video are linked to 3x more than text-only posts.
No One Reads
- 79% scan the web rather than reading word by word.
- 100,500 is the number of digital words consumed each day by an average US citizen.
Everyone Is Busy
- Professionals spend 51% if their time managing information instead of acting on it.
- 90% of surveyed professionals admit to having thrown away important information without reading it.
Marketing Is Noisy
- 5.3 trillion ads were served on the Internet in 2012.
- It’s estimated that people see 5,000 marketing messages per day.
The Internet Is Full
- 700,000 Google searches are performed every minute.
“Don’t give them 4, give them 2+2” – Pixar’s Andrew Stanton, TED Talk on storytelling
Originally posted 2015-06-12 01:42:46.